To download a web page using powershell and a scheduled task you must do the following :
1. Open Task Scheduler
2. Right click where your existing Tasks are and click Create a new task
3. Give it a name, and description
4. By default the job will run as whatever user you’re logged in as. If you don’t want this click the “Change User or Group” button to select the user you’d like the job to run as.
5. Select whether you want the Task to run while you’re logged out or not.
6. Select the triggers tab
7. Click New and select how frequently you’d like this Task to run than click ok when done.
8. Select the actions tab
9. Click New
10. Be sure “Start a program” is selected for Action
11. Be sure that Program/Script field has “powershell”
12. Be sure that Add Arguments (optional) field has the following replacing www.google.com with the web page you’d like to download.
-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command "(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString(\"http://www.google.com\")"
13. Click ok.
Here’s what the actions tab should look like when filled out :
14. Verify that the conditions and settings tab are the way you’d like than click ok to finish.
This has been tested to work on Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2.